Job purpose and key deliverables:
To be accountable for defining, providing, controlling and managing the logistics activities in Ukraine focused on the main process areas of transportation, warehousing, transactional support, customs clearance and Third Party Logistics (3PL) management.
Ensure excellent logistics services to the customers in accordance with agreed levels of service whilst increasing effectiveness of the local logistics.
Ensure the development of local logistics processes through implementation of best practices, idea sharing, innovation and the exploration of any market opportunities that will lead to a streamlining of processes, delivering of synergies, increasing effectiveness and add value to the supply chain.
- Manage logistics of leaf, raw materials, finished goods, merchandising materials process in order to ensure the availability of those at target points within budget and on time.
- Ensure logistics services for the End markets are provided on the level agreed with the customers.
- Manage and develop local logistics providers (3PL).
- Ensure all end market logistics activities are aligned with Company’s strategic projects and drive implementation of the regional logistics strategy on the local level.
- Drive standardization, integration and application of best practice on the local logistics process in line with defined Logistics scope.
- Continually review existing logistics operations and ensure development of logistics process on the local level in line with Company’s strategy.
- Support the development of reporting against a standard set of key performance metrics covering service, safety, productivity, costs and 3rd party performance and provide reporting to Head of Supply Chain on regular basis.
- Identification of potential for logistics services outsourcing, development of Business Cases supporting these outsourcing opportunities and execution of these outsourcing opportunities where value to Company has been identified and agreed.
- Operational management of logistics suppliers in line with Procurement Strategy ensuring control of service levels and costs.
- Ensure end market logistics solutions are within the agreed budgets and drive cost optimization where possible.
- Ensure development and execution of career and development plans for all subordinates. Provide coaching when necessary.
- Maintain a professional and well-motivated team, ensuring effective use of resources.
- Set challenging targets, identify priorities, inspire achievements and perform smart performance appraisal.
- Higher education
- Experience in logistics or production planning on management roles (preferable FMCG company)
- Comprehensive knowledge of logistics services market in Ukraine
- Excelent PC skills
- Influencing and excellent communication skills
- People management experience at a managerial level
- Proven business change management and implementation experience
- Strong strategic and people leadership capabilities
- Excelent English
- Fluent Ukrainian
Working at BAT:
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organization with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks for our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.